Mother’s Day is once again here! Have you made plans to shower your mom with appreciation and love yet? Moms certainly deserve a little fun and even pampering on their special day, and in Brevard County the incredible options dedicated to Mothers are endless. Whether you call her Mom, Momma, Mama, Mother, Ma, or even Grandma, Grammie, Granny, or Auntie, here is a list of special events and activities she is sure to enjoy. After all, most moms don’t really care what you’re doing as long as she is getting to spend time with the ones she loves!
Leading up to the Big Day
In Downtown Melbourne, you’ll find the Friday Fest Family Street Party, full of food, crafts, and vendors as well as live entertainment and activities to the family to enjoy together. Admission is free, and you know how your mom always enjoys a good festival, even when you whine about it! Come on, it’ll be fun! Now maybe you’re thinking, your mom is more a music lover than a festival goer, so why not take her to Live at the Avenue at Central Park in Viera? On Friday Night, she’ll enjoy live tunes, with her family in tow, from John Quinlivan and Heartbreaker.
If Friday Night doesn’t fit your schedule, how about a Saturday outing with Mom before the big day? For Mom and their daughters, Barnes and Noble of West Melbourne is offering a proper tea with refreshments and mother daughter activities galore from 10 until 2. What mom doesn’t enjoy a little show of patriotism? Get your mom and head over to Veteran’s Memorial Park at Palm Bay from 1 to 3 in the afternoon for the Support Our Troop Rally complete with music, Massing of the Colors, demonstrations, free food and more! If these don’t really sound like your mom’s ‘cup of tea’ maybe she will enjoy a visit to the Home and Garden Show at Melbourne Auditorium (Saturday and Sunday 10 to 5) where she can visit home and garden displays and plan your next activity together, perhaps creating a new flower garden or building a gazebo for the back yard.
If your mom appreciates art, she will adore the Got Art? Exhibit at the Art Gallery of Viera where you’ll enjoy a reception and get to party with the gallery artists. The showing is from 6-9 and best of all – it’s free.
The Big Day – Mother’s Day 2018
Brevard County knows how to celebrate mom in style – whether your mother enjoys an exquisite Brunch, fun in the sun, or something completely out of the ordinary.
Let’s start with Mother’s Day Brunch:
- Matt’s Casbah in Downtown Melbourne is offering up Mom’s favorite brunch delights from 11 to 4.
- Bapa’s Bistro (Titusville) promises an indulgent Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch with Free Mimosas for mom from 11 to 4.
- In Indialantic, Jazz Brunch is on from 11 to 2 at the City Tropics Bistro.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at the Brevard Zoo is from 11-2. After a greeting by all mom’s favorite zoo animals, she is sure to enjoy brunch at the Nyami River Lodge.
Please note this is not a complete listing, but merely a sampling, check your mom’s favorite restaurant for their Mother’s Day Brunch offerings!
And now, let’s move onto the more out of the box Mother’s Day Events:
- You’ll find the Mother’s Day Eco Tour departing from the Sunset Waterfront Café in Cocoa Beach, where mom and the family can enjoy dolphin and manatee tours all day long. (Mom cruises for FREE!)
- The Mother’s Day Lunch Cruise aboard the Indian River Queen promises live entertainment, a free mimosa for mom, a delectable lunch, and a boarding photo memento.
Remember, whatever you choose for mom, she’s sure to love it simply because the time is spent with you!